“Danielle immediately reeled our conference attendees in with her thought provoking presentation. It was loaded with valuable insights and take aways about her research. She’s a compelling story teller that was able to inspire action and enable change. Danielle was a shot in the arm!”
— Nancy Bock, Executive Director, American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences.
I have given many talks at conferences, universities and similar events, and pride myself on making complicated topics clear, engaging and entertaining. Also, my dad thinks I’m funny. My current topics include:
- The History of Home Economics: Its Forgotten Heroines (and a Villain or Two)
- Home Economics and Race in America
- Home Economics Food: Nutritious, Delicious or Terrifying
- Better FCS Curricula Through Critical Science
- Space Caterer, War Hero, Foster Parent, Ventriloquist: Home Ec’s Oddest Jobs
- How a Journalist Becomes an Author
- New Orleans’ Post-Katrina Education Revolution and Why It Matters Around the U.S.
I am vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to travel. I’m also available to curate conferences and teach workshops. Email me to discuss your interests.